Rise Against Italian Forum

Alcune novità per il 2012

« Older   Newer »
.Electrical Storm.
view post Posted on 16/12/2011, 19:31

Rise Against plans to have something a bit different to offer fans for during its 2012 headlining tour.

"It's a different show than last year -- that's kind of our goal," frontman Tim McIlrath tells Billboard.com about the trek, which gets under way Jan. 17 in Austin, Texas, and runs through Feb. 5, followed by European dates in late February and March. After touring heavily during 2011 behind its sixth album, "Endgame" (including a run supporting the Foo Fighters), McIlrath says the Chicago punk rockers are "working on a new set now, kind of starting from scratch" and hope to dig a bit deeper into their catalog for next year's shows.

"It's a tricky balance, as any band will tell you," he explains. "You have the big songs that people want to hear, and then you have the songs you would like to bring out for your older fans. Then you have songs that maybe you love but when you play them in front of 5,000 people, they get bored. So you're constantly gauging which songs make the show flow more. But I would love to dust off some of the old classics and play them for our old fans and just sort of show our new fans some of our roots."

McIlrath says Rise Against is also hoping to glean a few more new fans courtesy of tour openers A Day to Remember. "They're kind of a powerhouse right now, touring the states," he says. "They remind me of us when we were younger. And I think that a band like that has a lot of fans that aren't necessarily at Rise Against shows, and vice versa, so I'm excited. The goal is to get all of our fans in the same rooms and just kid of see what happens. It's going to be a lot of fun."

Rise Against will have something new to play in the new year as well -- a cover of Bob Dylan's "The Ballad of Hollis Brown," which the group recorded for "Chimes of Freedom: The Songs of Bob Dylan," a four-CD set that will be released January 30 to celebrate Amnesty International's 50th anniversary. McIlrath says the story about a destitute South Dakota farmer who kills his family and then himself fits nicely within Rise Against's own political and socially conscious approach.

"It's not only a cool song...it also has a lot of contemporary parallels to what's happening today in America," McIlrath notes. "It's fun when you find those other pieces of the puzzle in somebody else's music and you can not just cover a song just because somebody asked you to do it but to also be able to put your signature on it a little bit and have it be part of the story you're telling, too. We just ran it through the machine of Rise Against; it's got some really quiet, whispered moments and it's got some brutal, shredded pears where you can feel the heaviness of the song and the lyrics. It's my favorite cover we've ever done, and I didn't anticipate that when we went to do a Bob Dylan song."

McIlrath and company expect to keep touring and pumping "Endgame" well into 2012. The album is Rise Against's highest-charting ever, debuting at No. 2 on the Billboard 200, and the group is also planning a fourth single to follow the current "Satellite," although the track hasn't yet been determined.

"It's sort of a big of relief, I guess," McIlrath says of the album's success. "We went away for awhile after (2008's 'Appeal to Reason'), and you wonder if the fans will still be there. Like fans everywhere, they're constantly changing and getting older, and you wonder if you're still relevant to them. So it was nice to have the album come out like it did and see that, OK, instead of forgetting about us they're waiting for us. I feel like we've reached a core of people who keep coming back, which is exciting."

.Electrical Storm.
view post Posted on 22/12/2011, 13:58

up

LucaSesto
view post Posted on 22/12/2011, 14:35

CITAZIONE
But I would love to dust off some of the old classics and play them for our old fans and just sort of show our new fans some of our roots.

Ottimo direi

CITAZIONE
McIlrath and company expect to keep touring and pumping "Endgame" well into 2012. The album is Rise Against's highest-charting ever, debuting at No. 2 on the Billboard 200, and the group is also planning a fourth single to follow the current "Satellite," although the track hasn't yet been determined.

Non ero al corrente del grande successo di Endgame :o:

CITAZIONE
Like fans everywhere, they're constantly changing and getting older, and you wonder if you're still relevant to them. So it was nice to have the album come out like it did and see that, OK, instead of forgetting about us they're waiting for us. I feel like we've reached a core of people who keep coming back, which is exciting."

:rolleyes: :D

.Electrical Storm.
view post Posted on 22/12/2011, 14:50

CITAZIONE
Non ero al corrente del grande successo di Endgame

Beh, in America e Canada vanno alla grande.
CITAZIONE
the group is also planning a fourth single to follow the current "Satellite," although the track hasn't yet been determined.

ggh non vedo l'ora! Secondo me è Midnight Hands o Broken Mirrors

LucaSesto
view post Posted on 22/12/2011, 15:02

CITAZIONE

Midnight Hands non credo.. Io spero in Architects o This is letting go <_<

do-you-frank
view post Posted on 22/12/2011, 23:51

CITAZIONE (LucaSesto @ 22/12/2011, 15:02) 
CITAZIONE

Midnight Hands non credo.. Io spero in Architects o This is letting go <_<

ambequattro vanno più che bene

Appeal To Reason
view post Posted on 23/12/2011, 19:26

Date in italia?

.Electrical Storm.
view post Posted on 23/12/2011, 20:04

Per il momento non ci sono date italiane, come ho già detto le ultime sono in svizzera e in germania quindi possiamo sperarci.

pippo1920
view post Posted on 24/12/2011, 01:33

non ci sperate gente -_- ho un brutto presentimento....Vienna i'm coming

LucaSesto
view post Posted on 24/12/2011, 12:48

Se c'è veramente un concerto/festival in cui suonano insieme ai Billy Talent, anche se lo dovessero fare in antartide io sarei là!!

.Electrical Storm.
view post Posted on 24/12/2011, 13:19

plagiato alla grande mwhuahuahuaha
CITAZIONE
non ci sperate gente ho un brutto presentimento....Vienna i'm coming

Brutto presentimento? o.o

pippo1920
view post Posted on 24/12/2011, 21:14

si non stanno facendo i festival prefissati ( download /rock aim ring / heineken ) e stanno facendo molti festival " secondari " ( non di fama internazionale ) e tipo fra 1 mese al massimo le line up dovranno essere fatte poiché fra 2 mesi partono le prevendite ( almeno del download festival ) e vedendo quello che leggo nei vari siti non ci sono da nessuna parte, ecco il motivo del quale dico che ho un brutto presentimento.....ITALIA?! NO THANK'S

11 replies since 16/12/2011, 19:31   116 views